Installation of the used engine is a complicated process that requires all procedures and technical requirements to be followed strictly.
Engine installation notes shall be given to the responsible mechanic before the start of work.
According to the requirements and conditions listed in our warranty disclaimer, we provide a 6 months-limited warranty for engines bought from Orbi Motors UAB. The warranty is only valid if the engine is mounted according to the requirements listed below.
Each manufacturer specifies the engine replacement procedure and the work to be performed before starting the engine. When installing the engine, it is necessary to follow the requirements and recommendations specified by the manufacturer. We are not liable for damage to the engine due to an error by the engine and improper engine installation.
If you need any help or advice during the engine installation process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Before installation of an engine, it is mandatory to check if there are no visible signs of damage that might have been caused by improper transportation, etc. In any damage is detected please inform Orbi Motors UAB at email@example.com
- All rubber joints shall be checked and tightened if needed
- The engine must be rotated several cycles with a wrench to check if it does turn and if there are no sounds indicating a fault or incorrect timing.
- The following parts shall be replaced by new ones before installing the engine:
- Engine oil;
- Air, oil, fuel filters;
- Spark plugs (pre-heating spark plugs for diesel engines);
- Engine timing belt/chain set;
- Fuel injector gaskets;
- All other gaskets used for connecting other components (turbos, compressors, inlet/outlet manifolds, fuel pump, etc.)
- Oil cooler
- All sensors regarding oil circulation/pressure
- Adjust engine ignition timing shall be adjusted according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- The engine shall be mounted not later than 1 month after the delivery date.
After installation of the engine:
- It is mandatory to recheck if the ignition timing is set correctly;
- It is mandatory to check engine oil and coolant levels;
- The oil and oil filter must be changed after the first 500-1000 KM after the engine is installed, this procedure will clean the engine oil system from debris that appeared during the installation process.
- ATTENTION! It is required to change the oil cooler into the new one before engine installation to avoid engine damage. Before starting the engine it is required to insert a manometer in place of the pressure sensor. The engine can be started when the manometer shows around 0,5 bar, otherwise, the engine can be seized after starting it. Before the engine is started, the pressure on the must reach without any exception 0,5 bar, which is done by spinning the starter without starting the engine ( with a disconnected fuel relay ). The whole procedure must be recorded on a video. If the following condition is not fulfilled, the warranty will not be honored. Please make a video during the pumping up of the oil pressure. If there is any technical problem connected to the aforementioned instruction, please contact us and we will explain the whole procedure to you in order to avoid any mistakes. When making a complaint, the customer is obliged to provide a video showing the procedure of pumping up the oil pressure. Otherwise, the complaint will be rejected.
- Before starting the engine, the fuel supply relay must be disconnected. The engine must be rotated a few cycles in order for the oil filter to fill up with oil;
In case of a warranty claim, the customer shall provide evidence that the engine was installed according to requirements. An invoice from a certified workshop or mechanic shall be considered as valid evidence.
Other parts provided with the engine are not covered by this warranty.